214 4th Street East, Suite 300
St. Paul, MN 55101
The Union Depot that now stands at 214 East 4th Street is actually the second Union Depot to call Lowertown it’s home. In 1879 The Saint Paul Union Depot Corporation was incorporated by the railroads then serving Saint Paul.The first Union Depot was completed in 1881. This building was destroyed by fire in 1884 and rebuilt. At its peak it served 8 million passengers and had 150 trains departing daily. Another fire in 1913 destroyed the building speeding up plans for the a new Union Depot for which planning had already begun due to a need to better serve a growing numbers of passengers traveling through Saint Paul.